2018 Summer Reading Club
All aboard! Pack your book bags everyone, because this Summer Reading Club
is ready to hit the road!
Reading Takes You Everywhere and all you need is your reading skills and some good books!
Register in person May 29th – June 2nd at Barclay Public Library
Take a journey with us on Thursday mornings at 10:30 am
(1st – 5th grades) June 7th – July 26th (optional)
Reading is the Ticket!
The basic reading requirements for Summer Reading Club are simple!
1st Grade – – read 5 “E” books each week.
2nd Grade – – read 10 “E” Books
3 & 4 Grades – – read 50 pages in a “J” chapter book.
5 Grade – – read 100 pages in a “J” chapter book.
Do this each week to earn a ticket to spend– and put your name in for the READER OF THE WEEK prize drawing!
Read DOUBLE each week to earn a RED ticket for the RED TICKET DRAWING.
TEEN Summer Reading 6th-12th Grades — 1,200 pages
REMEMBER: THE PROGRAMS ARE SUPER FUN, BUT THE READING GETS YOU THE PRIZES! All Readers must read books appropriate for their reading level — If in doubt, please ask a library staff member!
Expedition Itinerary – Thursdays 10:30 am
1st – 5th Grades
June 7 – Soaring Into Summer
June 14 – A Magical Adventure
June 21 – Rocket Into Space
June 28 – Really READiculous
July 5 – Travel Timeout – No Programs This Week!
July 12 – Heroic Transportation
July 19 – A Jurassic Journey
July 26 – Mad Science – Up, Up, and Away! – must complete all 6 weeks of reading to attend.
How to Record Your books
1. Take your reading log home. Keep your reading log in your bag so that it doesn’t get lost! If you lose the reading log, you will lose what you’ve recorded.
2. Each week write your books down, and bring your reading log back to the library to be stamped. You will get a ticket to spend and a prize coupon to redeem at a local restaurant or business. Reading double your weekly goal will earn you a chance in the Red Ticket Drawing.
3. The library will keep a record of how many weeks each child finishes. All 6 weeks must be completed to be eligible for the final party.
4. On the last week, leave your reading log at the library so that pages can be counted and winners determined.
5. Please ask a library staff member if you have ANY questions.
Soars the Skies
Every Tuesday June 5th – July 24th
For 2-5 year-olds
TEENS: Reading Takes You Everywhere
READING at least 1,200 pages this summer will get you into our end of the season party!
Here’s the rules:
– Sign-up for Reading Takes You Everywhere.
– Read at least 200 pages a week for six weeks.
– Record pages on your reading log and check-in with a library staff member.
– Every 200 pages earns you a prize! (max. 6 prizes)
– Fill out a Prize Card and have it signed by a library staff member.
– Each completed Prize Card gets you a chance in a drawing for our GRAND PRIZES. Put as many Prize Cards as you earn in any given box for more chances at your favorite prize!
June 6: Escape Room & Pizza 6:00 pm
June 22: Star Wars Under The Stars – Sunset
July 14: Teen Book Club & Pizza – Noon
July 28: Mini Golf Reward Party 6-8 pm
Adult Reading Road Trip
June 4th – July 21st
Prize Drawing for Every 5 Books Read! Grand Prize Drawing too!