2019 Summer Reading Club
Grab your feather boa and a bag of popcorn!
The curtain call for It’s Showtime at Your Library is coming soon!
We’re rolling out the red carpet to showcase the best readers
around and you won’t want to miss the Show!
Register in person May 28th – June 1st at Barclay Public Library
Enjoy a great “show” with us Thursday mornings at 10:30 am
(1st – 5th grades) June 6th – July 25th (optional)
Check the Showtime Schedule on the flip side for more details.
Reading is the Ticket!
The basic reading requirements for Summer Reading Club are simple!
1st Grade – – read 5 “E” books each week.
2nd Grade – – read 10 “E” Books
3 & 4 Grades – – read 50 pages in a “J” chapter book.
5 Grade – – read 100 pages in a “J” chapter book.
Do this each week to earn a ticket to spend– and put your name in for the READER OF THE WEEK prize drawing!
Read DOUBLE each week to earn a RED ticket for the RED TICKET DRAWING.
TEEN Summer Reading 6th-12th Grades — 1,200 pages
REMEMBER: THE PROGRAMS ARE SUPER FUN, BUT THE READING GETS YOU THE PRIZES! All Readers must read books appropriate for their reading level — If in doubt, please ask a library staff member!
Showtime Schedule – Thursdays 10:30 am
1st – 5th Grades
June 6 – Opening Day at the Circus!
June 13 – Movies in Motion
June 20 – Music Concert with Super Stolie
June 27 – The Celia Puppet Show
July 5 – Intermission
July 11 – Magic Show with Richard Landry
July 18 – Wet and Wacky
July 26 – The Science of Bubbles – Reward Party. Must complete
all 6 weeks of reading to attend
How to Record Your books
1. Take your reading log home. Keep your reading log in your bag so that it doesn’t get lost! If you lose the reading log, you will lose what you’ve recorded.
2. Each week write your books down, and bring your reading log back to the library to be stamped. You will get a ticket to spend and a prize coupon to redeem at a local restaurant or business. Reading double your weekly goal will earn you a chance in the Red Ticket Drawing.
3. The library will keep a record of how many weeks each child finishes. All 6 weeks must be completed to be eligible for the final party.
4. On the last week, leave your reading log at the library so that pages can be counted and winners determined.
5. Please ask a library staff member if you have ANY questions.
Little Stars Storytime
For 2-5 year-olds
Tuesdays 10:30 am
June 4th – July 23rd
TEENS: It’s Showtime!
READING at least 1,200 pages this summer will get you into our end of the season party!
Here’s the rules:
– Sign-up for It’s Showtime at Your Library.
– Read at least 200 pages a week for six weeks.
– Record pages on your reading log and check-in with a library staff member.
– Every 200 pages earns you a prize! (max. 6 prizes)
– Fill out a Prize Card and have it signed by a library staff member.
– Each completed Prize Card gets you a chance in a drawing for our
GRAND PRIZES. Put as many Prize Cards as you earn in any given box for more chances at your favorite prize!
June 12: Book Tasting 3:00 pm
June 29: Teen Book Discussion & Pizza 11:00 am
July 10: Book Club Movie 6:00 – 9:00 pm
July 27: Escape Room Reward Party- Time TBA
Adult Summer Reading Club
June 3rd – July 20th
Prize Drawing for Every 5 Books Read! Grand Prize Drawing too!