Fine Free January 1st
The comment we receive more than any other is that Barclay Public Library is “so friendly!” We are very proud to receive this compliment and work very hard to fulfill our mission to provide excellent customer service to all. In order to improve upon that mission and become even friendlier, we are very excited to announced that starting in 2019, Barclay Public Library will be FINE FREE! In preparation for the new policy, the library will begin waiving fines in December for all materials that are brought back in good condition. In order to receive a fine waiver, people must come into the library to update their account. We hope to see people who have not been to the library in a while come back to enjoy everything we have to offer.
What does this mean for you?
- Return your items and owe nothing! Items you check out from the library will have a due date, but you will not be charged if the items are not returned on time. The exception is electronic devices, such as hotspots, which will still be charged $1 per day.
- If items are not returned on time, you will not be allowed to borrow more items until the overdue items are either returned or renewed. Items from Barclay Library may be renewed up to three times if there is no wait list.
- Items that are returned damaged or are lost will be billed to your account. You will not be allowed to borrow more items until the bill is resolved.
- Notices for overdue items will be sent weekly. A bill for the replacement cost of overdue items will be sent after six weeks.
- This policy only applies to Barclay Public Library cardholders. Barclay is not allowed to waive fees owed to other libraries.
Find a complete copy of our circulation policy HERE.
Digital Services To Try
The library currently has three different digital services that provides FREE eBooks, eAudiobooks, music and movie downloads! All you need is your Barclay Public Library Card and PIN. To get started look for these apps in your app store:
App Name: Libby or Overdrive (depending on device)
Also, download the Barclay Mobile app to have easy access to the online catalog and manage your account.
You’ve probably heard about Barclay’s Coffee Club, which meets every Wednesday at 9:30 am. This is an open invitation for anyone from the community to stop by the library for good coffee, company and conversation!
Book Discussion Groups
1st Wednesday at 10:30 am
2nd Saturday at 11:00 am
Joining a Book Club is a great way to get out of a reading rut and make new friends at the same time! Ask about how to join at the Service Desk.
Homebound Delivery Service
If you or a loved one is physically unable to visit the library, Barclay Public Library has a service just for you! Our Homebound Delivery service is available to persons who are homebound due to age, illness, disability or other incapacitating circumstances on a temporary or permanent basis. A library staff member will deliver reading materials or movies to your home once per month. To be eligible, the person must also reside within the Barclay Public Library service area and have a library card in good standing. Call the library for more information 672-3621.